Sunday, June 8, 2008

Well, I hope everyone's summer is going well so far (provided it's started).

My job is interesting... more field research, of course.  I collect and rear caterpillars.  Every day.

I've decided to start using facebook to promote my work.  I've sold one photo on istockphoto.com.  Wow, a 23 cent royalty!  It's going to take a while before I actually make money from that website.  I figure, though, I can post a bunch of albums on facebook that people would actually see, and just write a note on the album that large format prints are available for them.  I can get pretty big prints or small prints, whatever anyone would want, and they would be priced accordingly (plus shipping, of course).  I can't really think of a better way to do it, and I think that maybe a few Australia folk might be interested in getting full format prints of a panorama or two, which would be a tad more expensive.

I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: