+87.JPG)
And then it rained for a week. It poured. It was a thing of beauty. The paths to our cabins quickly eroded away into river systems with deep trenches carrying away the sand and gravel. We were informed that the Gillies Highway, the only way into Atherton, was flooded, and that we were effectively stuck at the center. Wow. That's a lot of rain. In fact, it's been an especially rainy wet season this year... we've gotten half the rain we're supposed to get for the entire season in just a month!
Right then, pictures: the first is a pretty red plant we have growing outside of the center. There was a bit of sunlight at one point so I was able to sneak a picture of it.
+49.JPG)
And here's my attempt at capturing the rainfall... we have a perminant puddle at the back of the center, so I set up my camera and took a bunch of shots until I got one with a bunch of drops in it. Neat, huh?
Next stop, Granite Gorge, the most beautiful place in Queensland.
No comments:
Post a Comment